Friday, December 16, 2005

Merry Christmas AND Happy Holiday (Holy Day)!

I prefer the phrase "Merry Christmas" because it more clearly states MY position and belief. I have just learned though, that the well-wishing phrase "Happy Holiday" is also an acceptable alternative (though I still prefer to use the previous). I've also learned that "Merry Xmas" isn't so bad either. "My teacher"... "the educator-O-I"... the "brilliant passer to me" of this great wisdom was my good friend Tim C. (he's also in the "Genius" club). I'll quote him now;

"And to think for all these years I've thought Xmas was an attempt to take Christ out of Christmas. I just recently learned that the term Xmas was actually used by the early church for Christmas. But, just for the politically correct liberals, okay, Happy Holidays. Which is a term for Holy-day, thus Happy Holy-day referring back to guess what or who? The reason for the season:) Even the liberals can't really get away from what this season is all about no matter how hard they try."

So now, when someone wishes me a "Happy Holiday", I shall reply with, "And a Happy Holy-Day to you as well!"

And to those wacko-extremist-rabid-left-wing-radical-liberals (WERLWRL) s I say (with thumb on nose, wiggling fingers at them)... "Nah Nah Nah" (something they will understand!)

Now here is something to "chew on" over this Christmas Season... it keeps ME going (and for those who really know me, you know I sometimes need help in the "KEEP going" department);

1 Thessalonians 5:18 -- In everything give thanks for this is the will of God.

(Doesn't say "be thankful"... says "give thanks")

THINK HARD about that! (guy breaks his ankle hiking down to the main road. "Thankful?" Probably not. But if he'd made it to the road without breaking his ankle, he'd have stepped out in front of that speeding cement truck!! Give thanks!)

And to close... a para-quote from the genius of Erin; "When the good Lord gives me lemons, I say, 'Hey! Free Lemons!!'"

I have lemonade if you'd like some... let me know... 10 cents per Styrofoam cup full... if you'd like some sugar in it... it'll cost you xtra!


Merry ChristmeXholyday... (and to all you atheist WERLWRLs--- "Good Luck".

Closing now... this time for real.

Comments:
Well I say (actually Ron White said) When life gives you lemons, find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?