Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thanks Erin!

Hi Errrrn...
Really missed you at Christmas... :~(

Thank you so much for the book "The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do". It has proven itself invaluable already.

It's directions on "How to hold a baby" came in very handy the other day as a matter of fact. I had been yankin' babys up by one leg, or on occasion grabbing them with both hands around the neck to pick them up. Once I picked up a baby by the scruff of the neck with my teeth (hey, that's how cats and dogs do it!). I've also picked them up like a basketball... you know, just "palm" their head like you were picking up a basketball with one hand? Works good (I always thought that was why babies had those soft spots on their heads... so your fingers could get a good grip when you "palmed" them).

Who knew? By golly there IS a RIGHT and WRONG way to pick up a baby! Who knew?

The sections on "How to Breath", "How to Sleep" and "How to read aloud" have also been very helpful (I'm breathing AND reading aloud as I write this... now that I know how).

Thanks again sweety for the book... it was a very thoughtful gift (as proven by the books section on "Giving and Wrapping a present").

Now I'm off to read the book some more and learn "How to Read a Newspaper", and then "How to Change a Diaper". Come to find out I've also been doing IT wrong all these years! (I've been using the "Sit the baby in the center of the garage floor and blast them with the garden hose until the diaper flies off and all the poop is blasted away" method (the pressure from the hose spins them around pretty good if you hit 'em just right)).

Huh... Who knew that wasn't an "approved" method????

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?